Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WNWNW: "Upholstered" Table

Is it upholstered if I wrapped fabric around some extra foam core board I had lying around?
 
Because that's definitely what I did.
 
If you're new Waste Not Want Not Wednesday is where I finish up some projects and use up some of my ridiculous stash by doing projects that cost me 0 dollars.
 
Before:
 
 
I thrifted this table for 5.99.
 
It had an off blemish on the surface, it seriously looked just like a bunny.
 
I'm going to blame a sticker.
 
After:
 
 
I'm still in my white phase.
 
I gave the whole thing a healthy dose of white spraypaint.
 
Then I planned to get a piece of glass for the top.  The idea was that it would fit inside the lip of the table and I could change out the decor underneath.
 
But, glass costs money.
 
Money I'm not paying right now.
 
So, I trimmed a piece of foam board down to size.
 
Wrapped that baby in piece of upholstery fabric.
 
Bam!
 
 
 
 
I should add.  If your iron is backstage at the local theater and you need to straighten some fabric you can TOTALLY steam some fabric over a pot of boiling water.
 
That's your awesome lifestyle tip for the day!
 
P.S. Have you joined up in my giveaway???
  
 
Party Time! Thrifty 101Practically Functional, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Crafty Blog Stalker, House of Hepworths, Liz Marie Blog, Just Us Four, Sew Many Ways, Life On Lakeshore Drive, Nifty Thrifty Things, I should be mopping the floor, Craft-O-Maniac, A Diamond In The Stuff, Not JUST A Housewife, The Little Giggler, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Blackberry Vine, Krafty Kat, Kammys Korner, Homemade Ginger, Krafty Kat, Homespun Happenings

14 comments:

  1. Great idea! It looks really great! I love a remade thrifty treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea {and a great tip about the steaming!}. The upcycled table looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of the table! It's so cool, you can change it out as much as you want. Which is something that is key for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is really a great makeover! Using the fabric covered foam core is genius! (I just learned that the Dollar Tree carries that foam core...guess how much??!!!!) I can't believe I made it through the day without knowing that awesome lifestyle tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever gal...hope that you get some glass, though, so you can truly use it. I once upholstered the front side of drawers in an old bureau...like 25 years ago upholstered... and it's still holding up. Good tip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Newest follower via blog hop!!! Would love for you to follow back!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very awesome! That fabric is great, and the whole thing looks really good on that table. :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!! You're crafty & thrifty, too! #separatedatbirth

    Don't work too hard tomorrow. Great gabbing with you on Webbie's thread.

    xoxo, Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome re-do on the table! Looks good!
    Just found your blog from the GFC hop!
    -Saxon
    letsdrinkcoffeedarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up at the Ginger Jamboree. Hope to see you there next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute table & great tip! :) Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Thank you so much for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments = smiles.... smiles are the best