Monday, November 19, 2012

Give Thanks - A Reminder

Last week one of the guys at work said to me "you're not nearly as pleasant as you used to be"
 
WOW.
 
Wakeup call.
 
I had to think about it.
 
I've been pretty negative the last few months, life has just kind of gotten to me, but I really do have SO MUCH to be thankful for!
 
So I needed a reminder.
 
 
Using the same process as my house address banner I put together this little banner for my mantel.
 

 
Each letter is seperated by a cranberry bead that is covered in velvet.
 
 
Just a simple reminder to Give Thanks for all the many blessings in my life.
 
I'm linking up at my usual places, but also with these awesome ladies for Dare to DIY!
 
 
Also, I'm going to make a point to try and find that pleasant girl again!
  
 

Party Time! Thrifty 101Practically Functional, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Crafty Blog Stalker, House of Hepworths, Liz Marie Blog, Just Us Four, Sew Many Ways, Life On Lakeshore Drive, Nifty Thrifty Things, I should be mopping the floor, Craft-O-Maniac, A Diamond In The Stuff, Not JUST A Housewife, The Little Giggler, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Blackberry Vine, Kammys Korner, Homemade Ginger, Krafty Kat, Homespun Happenings, Life In A Break Down, C.R.A.F.T.

6 comments:

  1. PJ

    All of us have been in that position at one time or another. Just this evening I realized that I was feeling grumpy for no good reason...so I got ready for bed. I needed the rest.

    Your banner is a great reminder to keep our eyes on Him and not our circumstances.

    Looking forward to meeting you - get ready to be hugged!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed that you took that kind of comment so gracefully. What a wonderful example you are to me. I think I'd just blame the person and not look inward. Needless to say, I'm very impressed. And your project is lovely. I love banners because they are impactful and fun but also easy to store. =)

    Thanks so much for linking up to Dare to DIY! Really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm so glad you joined in! And I'm sorry that you've had a rough couple of months--you're not alone. I know that I, for one, definitely cycle through highs and lows. I've kind of been coming out of a low the past few days/week and am so glad to not feel like being nasty all the time anymore :-) Your banner is so festive and fun, and I LOVE the little bead between each banner! Such a nice touch. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things are looking up for your soon.

    Banners were a popular choice. I like your spin with the cranberry bead.

    Thanks for joining in on the DIY fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great banner. I love the red with the neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That banner is great! And it's a great reminder whenever you're having a bad day. :-)

    Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete

Comments = smiles.... smiles are the best