Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WNWNW:House Address Banner

I'm so bummed I missed last weeks Waste Not Want Not Wednesday (WNWNW)  I have got to get in on this whole scheduled post scam.

I had a choice between finishing this up and spending an evening with Mr. T.

Obviously I chose the latter.

<3


Mr. T and I have decided to stay in our wee apartment for another year before buying a house.

A moment of silence for that item on my 30 before 30 List!

Moving on.

It's time to give my apartment some much overdue love.

I mean if we're going to live here for another year we're going to make the best of it.

One of the biggest problems we have with this place is that NO ONE can ever find it!

I think the house number is to blame.


Could you read that from the road?

I didn't think so.

So here's what I made.

 I kind of think it's adorable.


It's so simple, but I love the look it gives our front door.


Our door versus the neighbors


I used a drop cloth, a template I cut out of some cardboard, my cricut and some stitch witch.

I traced the numbers and colored them in with  a teal sharpie.


I wasn't really sure if this would work, but I actually really like it.


It was impossible to get a decent picture because I hung the sign on the inside of the door.  Hello glare!
Hello random silhouette!

So now maybe people will be able to find the place!

Want to come over?
 
 

Party Time! Thrifty 101Practically Functional, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Crafty Blog Stalker, House of Hepworths, Liz Marie Blog, Just Us Four, Sew Many Ways, Life On Lakeshore Drive, Nifty Thrifty Things, I should be mopping the floor, Craft-O-Maniac, A Diamond In The Stuff, Not JUST A Housewife, The Little Giggler, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Blackberry Vine, Kammys Korner, Homemade Ginger, Krafty Kat, Homespun Happenings, Life In A Break Down, C.R.A.F.T.

27 comments:

  1. Im not sure I have words to tell you how much I love this. SOOOOOO cute, and Ive never seen anything like it before. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that is so cute, and really nice. I'd totally do it (except my apartment is a shared entryway)...still, it is practical and cute.

    btw, I am a new follower from the blog hop & your blog looks very cool!

    www.rachelroaming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so incredibly cute. It *might* be my favorite thing you've ever made, in fact. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so incredibly cute. It *might* be my favorite thing you've ever made, in fact. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea! Very inviting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, I love it, I love it, I want one, I love it and wish I had time to make one and a see through door so it would actually serve its purpose. SOOOO cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok seriously, I love this SOOOO much! I can't do it for our front door since we're in an apartment building, but maybe I could just put the unit number up or something. What a fun idea!

    Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cute and clever!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea! Much nicer than boring old house numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is a super clever idea! I love that! It adds a lot of personality to your door. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soo cute! I love this idea vs. traditional numbers. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh!! I could SO do that! Thank you for the wonderful idea and tutorial! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love Love Love this idea, so cute and easy to do!
    Cassie- First Call's Marketing Rep

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best house sign EVER!! And yes...I totally want to come over!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WoW ! What a really cute & pretty idea ! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love that. I really truly do.

    Aloha,

    I wanted to personally invite you too to join me and our beautiful team for An Aloha Affair-- it's a new sort of way of being/ growing together in a more meaningful way and we're truly committed to you having a great experience-- I hope you'll join us... save ya a spot?...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clever! I love unique ideas:) Stopping by from Sew Many Ways Find a Friend

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is adorable! I love it!!
    Dropping by from the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the banner-so cute!! I'm your newest follower, and I invite you to visit and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, your door is much more fun and inviting than your neighbor's now! Thanks for sharing your cute door pennant banner!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is SOOOO fun! what a great idea!!!! Banner + Address = Awesome!
    You are so brilliant... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very clever Idea! Thank you so much for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this little 'zigzag' banner!

    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great idea, and it looks awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. Always so thrilled to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! I bet people can really find you now! Stopping by from the Best DIY Project of 2012.

    ReplyDelete

Comments = smiles.... smiles are the best