Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 Craft Challenge - Leftovers - PJ

 
Good Morning!
 
I've been looking forward to today for two weeks!
 
It's time for my contribution to the 2013 Craft Challenge!!!
 
You can see Rosie's super cute idea here.  Anja is on deck to share next Monday.
 
I'm still in love with her cute owl door stop, and I know I have enough rice leftover from the time I horribly miscalculated how many bags it would take to fill a draft dodger!!!
 

 
My newly organized craft wall is finished. Whew! It took me way longer than I had originally thought for that project.  However the time I took out to finish my almost free storage boxes was time well spent.  As I was organizing myself I realized that I have a lot of yarn.  The arrows in the above picture point to all of it, and by all of it I mean the places I remember storing some.  There coud be more, on a lower shelf, that I didn't include in this picture.  Don't judge me!!!!

 
I chose three bright colors and started making yarn balls.

 
Lots of yarn balls, in all different sizes.

 
See, lots!

 
Then I simply threaded a large needle and used that to string all the balls of yarn together in a garland.

 
I hung the garland on an old frame I had simply waiting for use.

 
Now I have some additional color in my craft space.  I love that it's not contained within the frame but goes from corner to corner, outside the box.  Just like the girl who made it.
 
I think my christmas tree next year needs a garland of seasonally colored yarn balls.  Which means I have to start working on it now! 
 

 

28 comments:

  1. Best...garland...EVER! I love it! And I love that you can use the yarn if you need it! And I love that the girl who made it is not framed in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I love that garland! You're so creative :-) Also, loving the buttons at the bottom of your post, now you just need a signature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, too cute! I featured this on my blog today! You can check it out and grab a button here: http://practicallyfunctional.net/2013/01/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-34/

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your newly organized craft space! The yarn garland is pretty cute too. I organize my space at least once a year (lol) because through the year I find areas that just don't work efficiently. I'm about to embark on the 2013 craft organizing project myself. Wish me luck! It might me some of the "creative chaos" you mentioned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely garland! Great idea to use up all my scrap yarn too. Thank you for sharing! Also still in adoration of your organized craft wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having a knitting party at my house soon! This would be perfect to decorate with!

    Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great garland - I love how fun and quirky it is! Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this idea!! Love the colors, nice and bright!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is REALLY cute! As a crocheter, I end up with lot's of small tidbits leftover from projects. This would be perfect use for them!

    You should talk to Rebecca over at http://bestbuntingontheblock.blogspot.com/ This is perfect for her to feature on her blog! I'm going to tell her about you...

    TracyAnn from www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to feature this! Let me know if that's okay with you, PJ!

      Delete
    2. Featuring this today! http://bestbuntingontheblock.blogspot.com/2013/01/yarn-ball-garland.html#

      Delete
  9. Adorable! I've seen a lot of bunting.... but never cute little balls of yarn :) Thanks for sharing and for linking up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your idea to use your left over yarn! Too cute, and so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super fun garland!
    Such a creative idea...
    And to be that organized with your crafts: a dream....

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is darling! Thanks so much for sharing! I love a good garland- this one is so unique! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turned out very pretty! I would love it if you would come share it at my Funday Sunday link party that opens this Saturday at www.the-crafty-cowgirl.com. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute idea! Thank you for sharing at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great garland! This would look great in a craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from Flamingo Toes' link party ... this is soo darling :)
    - Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea! I inherited a bunch of yarn and I don't knit. I'm always looking for projects to use it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that garland! It looks so cute and what a great way to use up some yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your adorable garland! The colors are so pretty, and it looks great. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week!! Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. It’s a new Linky Party to create more buzz for your blog and connect with others! If you haven’t joined Creative Crafts Thursday yet, please share your projects at www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com each and every week and check out what other creative divas are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute! I have tons of yarn lying around and am always looking to extras uses for them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Jen @ Noting Grace

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is a brilliant idea....I absolutely love the homespun look this yarn ball garland has!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Visiting from fluster buster! Great idea! Very cute! Would look great decorating a kids room or nursery as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so clever P.J.! Thank you for co-hosting and for linking up to this weeks party.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Comments = smiles.... smiles are the best