Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Curb Appeal - Paint Your Front Door

 
 
I think we had been in our house for 36 hours when I said "I think I'll paint the front door!"
 
 
This is our house from the realtors listing.
 
It's a white house, with black shutters and a black and white front door.
 
It's cute, but a bit blah for my tastes.
 
Next year we want to paint the house.
 

 
That screen door has to go too.
 
Next year!
 

 
There are about 8 coats of paint on that bad boy.
 
I was adding coats for two days!
 
The color choice was easy for me, I knew exactly what I was going for, AND since I knew what I wanted to do in the living room (the room this door opens up into) I could choose a color that would look great when the front door was open and visible inside the house.
 
We're the only house in our neighborhood with a bright front door, so now I can say "we're the white house with the bright yellow front door!
 
Also, I really need a rug!
 
I'm considering painting that cement pad though, so maybe I should just write "WELCOME" on the cement and move on with my life!
 
Do you like bright front doors? Do you have a bright front door? Leave me a link and let me see, I'll add it to my Colorful Doors pinterest board.
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. I like it! And I like your idea of painting/staining the cement pad and writing "welcome." Cute.

    Our front door came red. We're renting, but even if we owned, I think I'm very happy with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color you chose!!! I just did a post on colors on homes -
    Visiting from Shabby Creek Cottage and am your newest follower
    Hugs from Montreal,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painted welcome porch "mat" sounds so cute!

    I love your front door color! I wish our door was facing the street, oh well!

    XO,
    CorinnaAshley.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just this summer my husband finally agreed I could paint our front door. Now I just have to wait for it to cool off a bit. I love the pop of colour from the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bright front door makes all the difference! And love the yellow! Found you on: http://practicallyfunctional.com/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-60/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you went with yellow. Looks so fresh and bright. :) Thanks for linking up at Life Inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol do it! Just graffiti spray paint that bad boy right onto the cement! It'll be awesome. :-) Our apartment door is black and totally boring. I'm not even really allowed to put up a wreath or anything... But one of these days we'll move and it will be great! I know you already saw that I featured this on my blog today, so I'm just stopping by to pin it and say thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such a pop of color! It really makes all the difference! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments = smiles.... smiles are the best